- All Superinterfaces:
- Executable, Initializable, Nameable
- All Known Implementing Classes:
- DistributedSDFDirector, DTDirector, HDFDirector, PSDFDirector, SDFDirector, SRDirector
public interface PeriodicDirector
- extends Executable, Nameable
Interface for directors that have a period parameter.
These directors are, by default, untimed, but become timed when
the period parameter is given a value other than 0.0.
The period parameter, if non-zero, specifies the
amount of model time that elapses per iteration.
In this case, the director should fire only at times
that are multiples of the period. If the director is
at the top level, then it is responsible for incrementing time
between iterations. Otherwise, it is responsible for invoking
fireAt() on the enclosing executive director to request
subsequent firings, and refusing to fire (by returning false
from prefire()) at times that are not multiples of the period.
- Ptolemy II 8.0
- $Id: PeriodicDirector.java 59167 2010-09-21 17:08:02Z cxh $
- Edward A. Lee
- Accepted Rating:
- Proposed Rating:
Return the value of the period as a double.
- Return the value of the period as a double.
- The value of the period as a double.
IllegalActionException - If the period parameter
cannot be evaluated