Distributed Sense and Control Systems (dsc)
workgroup is used in conjunction with
Distributed Sense and Control Systems
Membership in this workgroup is open only to MuSyC participants and their invited guests.
If you are a member of MuSyC, or you have been explictly invited to join this workgroup, please
request an account in the
Models and such should go into CVS as
dsc/src or into the wiki.
The advantage of using the wiki for models is that it easier to upload the models and takes less space.
The advantage of using CVS is that old versions of the model may be recovered.
The website contents may be found in
Note that currently, the website is world readable, though this can be changed.
dsc/src directory and the wiki are
not world readable.
Annual Distributed Sensor and Control Systems of the MuSyC center
540 A/B Cory Hall
, Wednesday, April 11, 2012.
Requirements and Modeling
9:00- 9:30: J. Finn, A. Sangiovanni Vincentelli and the Team, The Electrical Power System Design Driver: Overall Description and Specifications
9:30-10:00. John S. Baras, Shah-An-Yang, Nuno C. Martins, Leonard Pétnga, Dimitrios Spyropoulos and Eduardo Arvelo , “A Modeling “Hub” Integrated with a Tradeoff Analysis Tool for the VMS Design Challenge Problem”
10:30-11:00 Patricia Derler, E. Lee: Multiform Time in System Models
11:00-11:30 Michael Zimmer, E. Lee: Distributed Real-Time Systems
11:30-12:30 Lunch break
12:30- 1:00: Necmiye Ozay and Richard Murray: On Synthesizing Robust Discrete Controllers under Modeling Uncertainty
1:00-1:30 Nuno C. Martins and Eduardo Arvelo, Performance trade-off of Receding Horizon Control Subject to Time-Varying Energy Constraints,
1:30-2:00: Mumu Xu and Richard Murray: Reactive Protocols for Aircraft Electric Power Distribution
2:30- 3:00 John S. Baras, Tua (Johnny) Ta and Shalabh Jain, “Integrated Software and Hardware Architectures for Compositional Security for DSCS”,
3:00- 3:30 David Broman and E. Lee, Precision Timed Machines
Design Space Exploration
3:30-4:00: CW. Lin, A. Sangiovanni Vincentelli et al, Design Space Exploration for Communication in the electrical power distribution system design driver.
4:00-4:30: Liangpeng Guo, A. Sangiovanni Vincentelli, Edward Lee and the team, Integrating MetroII and Ptolemy for Design Space Exploration
4:30-5:30: Discussion and Feedback.
There will be a Poster Session during Breaks. The Posters are:
- Eric Wolff, Robust Control of Uncertain Markov Decision Processes with Temporal Logic Specifications Caltech
- Ben Lickly, Ensuring Correct Component Composition, Berkeley
- Christos Stergiou, Expressing and Analyzing System Timing, Berkeley
- Dai Bui, Models for Streaming Data Systems, Berkeley
- Ilge Akkaya, Coordinated distributed power generation, Berkeley
- Eduardo Arvelo and Nuno C. Martins, “Design of Controllers for Maximal Invariant Sets: A Convex Approach” University of Maryland
- Leonard Pétnga, Dimitrios Spyropoulos, Shah-An Yang and John S. Baras, “A Framework for Integrated Modeling and Design Exploration for VMS”, University of Maryland
- Tuan (Johnny) Ta, Shalabh Jain, and John S. Baras , “Physical Layer Security in DSCS”, University of Maryland