Below is a browsable image of the model.
- To view or save the MoML file for this model, click here.
Click on the TimedPlotter to see a plot of the velocities as a function of time. With these parameter values:
- Near time 0.2, mass 2 breaks away and begins sliding.
- Near time 0.7, the velocities match, but the input force is too high for capture.
- Near time 0.8, mass 1 reverses direction, starting to move right instead of left. At that time, the velocity of mass 2 stops decreasing and starts increasing.
- Near time 1.0, mass 1 is jolted left with an impulsive force, reversing direction, causing the velocity of mass 2 to stop increasing and start decreasing. Although the velocity of mass 1 crosses that of mass 2, no capture occurs.
- Near time 1.8, the volocities match and the input force is small enough so that mass 2 is captured.
- At time 2.0, an impulsive force on mass 1 causes mass 2 to start sliding.