2018 Volunteer Applications are Closed —
Thanks to Everyone Who Applied!
Due to extraordinarily strong interest, we have already filled our volunteer spots.
If you'd like to join our 2019 volunteer mailing list, please complete our short form.
If you're looking for opportunities for this summer, here are a few suggestions:
- Design the Future, an immersive design thinking summer program created by DC Design, will be hosted at the Jacobs Institute (at UC Berkeley) from June 25 through July 1, 2018. Learn more at http://jacobsinstitute.berkeley.edu/news/application-open-design-future-summer-2018/
- Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley's science museum, also has a teen volunteer program. Recruitment will close on March 24, 2018. Learn more at https://www.lawrencehallofscience.org/get_involved/join_our_team/volunteer
- Check out the opportunities collected by Bay Area Teen Science (B.A.T.S.), a portal to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) opportunities for all San Francisco Bay Area teens. Learn more at B.A.T.S.'s website: http://bayareateenscience.org/For-Teens-Overview
Thanks for your interest in volunteering for Girls in Engineering!
We welcome young women who are currently in high school to apply to be volunteers for the program. (Volunteers must be entering at least 10th grade during the summer when they volunteer.)
Volunteers will assist with workshops and will help to lead games and activities during lunch. Volunteers can participate in one or two camp sessions.
There is no camp fee for volunteers.
- Attend camp for the entire session (or sessions)
- Be a positive role model for the campers
- Bring your enthusiasm and interest in learning new things
- Help the camp staff organize games
- Provide general assistance during camp activities
- Help distribute materials/supplies and be willing to help keep the room clean and organized
Volunteers must also attend a mandatory orientation meeting on Saturday, June 2, 2018, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
If you have questions or would like more information, please e-mail email@example.com.